Would you love to see your pet business in the press but you’re not sure how to go about it?
In this podcast I’m sharing three ways I can help you get your pet business featured in newspapers, magazines, radio and even on the telly.
Whether you have NO budget at all or you’d like to invest in spending a day together learning everything you need to know to pitch stories to journalists, there’s an option to suit.
You’ll learn why getting press coverage can help you.
Plus what makes a story idea.
And how to go about choosing the right path for you.
Listen in on the player link below or you can read the key themes covered as a blog post.
Last year I changed my core offer moving away from solely helping people with press coverage and towards coaching and forward planning for content marketing.
But I do still support people when it comes to approaching the press, both in my membership and one to one, plus through my free resources.
These help business owners who might not have the budget for a PR company pitch and land amazing publicity every week.
Four reasons why being in the press can help your pet business
- To raise brand awareness. Being in the press helps more customers learn about what you have to offer.
- To gain visibility on a larger scale than social media. Being in the press means you’re put in front of thousands and potentially millions of people in one go.
- To make sales. How often do you read, hear or listen to an item about a product or service, and go to find out more?
- To build authority. Being in the press elevates your reputation and can position you as an expert in your field.
Learn more on the impact of being in the press by listening to this podcast with Sarah Jones at My Anxious Dog.
And how being in the media can build your authority with this chat with Rebecca Walters at Pupstarts Breeders.
What makes a decent story?
Here are six ideas to help you get started.
- Community and charity. Are you doing something that’s making an impact in your community or supporting a charity? This makes for a nice story.
- Something new. Have you invented something exciting and innovative? From a product to a programme or method, this can be a good angle.
- A lightbulb moment. Did something happen in your life that inspired you to create something to help others?
- Awards and achievements. These are really easy ways to get press coverage. We like to hear about people’s achievements.
- Inspiring animal. Have you supported an animal in need or had a remarkable transformation? These make for great stories.
- News hacking or news jacking. This is where you share your insights on a news story that’s happening, for example, child safety around dogs.
Here are links to some of the examples shared.
The three ways I can help you…
- I can help you get in the press for FREE with my free five steps to get in the press guide.
Head to the freebies page here.
- Gain support and get personalised advice for your pet business in my Pets Get Visible mini-membership. This is just £30 a month. Each month there are two coaching calls where you can come and chat about your ideas, plus my press release template that has led to thousands of pieces of coverage and resources to help you write your pitch or press release, and content planning sessions to spark ideas.
Learn more about Pets Get Visible here: Is my Pets Get Visible programme right for you?
- Work with me one to one. Choose from a 45 minute consultancy session at £149 to talk through your idea or one of my Content Campaigns for larger projects. These start at £1500 and if you’re interested, click here to book a call.
Book a one-to-one here for 45 minutes.
While pitching to the press might seem daunting, I’ve worked with hundreds of people who have succeeded in my courses, Facebook group and free challenges.
If you’d like to chat about this, you can book in for a free 15 minute call here.
Download my free 5 steps to get your pet business in the press guide here: https://publicityforpetbusinesses.mykajabi.com/five-steps
Find me in my Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/publicitytipsforpetbusinesses
On Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/rachelspenceruk
On Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/rachelspenceruk
On LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachelspenceruk/
Further reading on this topic